Small Businesses, Dreams and SCORE
With her passion for helping entrepreneurs and small business owners for over 30 years, Liz Sara shines in her new position as President of the SCORE Foundation. SCORE is a national free network of mentors for entrepreneurs and small business owners. The Foundation is the philanthropic arm of SCORE. And Liz is the right person supporting its mission of mentoring and educating America’s small business owners.
When Liza Sara was a guest last year, she was just appointed by the President as the Chairperson of the National Women’s Business Council. The council is a non-partisan federal advisory committee that makes recommendations to Congress and The US SBA.
- 32.5 million small businesses in the United States representing 99.9% of the total businesses in the country (US SBA)
- Small businesses employ 46.8% of the private workforce (US SBA)
- 5 million women owned businesses in the United States (National Women’s Business Council (NWBC))
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) has a network of over 10,000 volunteer mentors and 250 chapters throughout the United States
- SCORE provides free and confidential business mentoring services to prospective and established small business owners in the United States
- Last year 60% of all small business entrepreneurs that tapped into SCORE resources were women (SCORE)
- Last year 44% of small businesses that accessed SCORE were minorities
Previously, Liz successfully ran a strategic marketing agency, Best Marketing LLC which she founded in 2001. The agency worked with more than 100 early state and growth tech companies. Prior to that Liz co-founded the B2B e-Commerce software company SpaceWorks.
This week a conversation with Liz Sara, President of the SCORE Foundation. There are FREE resources available and mentors relating to all aspects of business. When is the right time to start? How about now!